House of Kursulić

The building of the Center for Culture, Education and Information, within the framework of which is the city library, gallery and memorial room Raška – War Capital of the Kingdom of Serbia 1915, known as House of Kursulićis located in Raška, in Ibarska Street. It was built at the end of the XIX century between years 1878 – 1895. The urban disposition of the building is in accordance with the regulation established in 1840, by order of Prince Aleksandar Karadjordjević dated September 17, 1845, related to the establishment of community in Raška.

 

House of Kursulić is one of the first buildings built in the style of Central European civil architecture, in the reputation of houses in cities across the Sava and Danube. The architecture is an eclectic style with the predominant influence of classicism. During the First World War, from October 31 to November 12, 1915, the Serbian government and regent Aleksandar, the commander-in-chief of the Serbian army, stayed in Raška. During this time, two sessions were held, one in Kursulić’s house, under the presidency of Nikola Pašić and in the presence of the registry officer Aleksandar Karadjordjević. By the decision of the competent authorities, this building was placed under the protection of the state as a cultural monument.

No items found

Cultural and historical sights


What to see

 
 
 
 
 
 

Natural reserves

10

Excursion sites

20

Attractions

30

Churches and church property

40

Cultural and historical sights

50

Monasteries

60

Active vacation

70

Sport and recreation

80

Gastro offer

90

Cultural offer

100

Fun

110

Hotels

120

Apart Hotels

130

Resort

140

Lodging and hostels

150

Villas

160

Apartments and rooms

170