The Church of the Most Holy Mother of God

The Church of the Most Holy Mother of God is located on a hill above the very center of the spa, on its southern side. It was built in 1868, constructed as much older surrounding monasteries. By the time of construction, it belongs to the youngest monuments in the territory of Raška municipality. The church was erected at the site of the earlier chapel church, as there was no church of hard materials in the surrounding towns of this parish. The construction of the church began and was completed during the reign of Mihailo Obrenović III. It was celebrated on October 13, 1868. The church is colorful and preserves two icons of great artistic value, which are older than the church: "The Virgin with Christ" and "Jesus Christ". It represents a place of gathering of the local population and tourists of the spa, especially during the Easter and Lord's Assembly.